I hear you out there knocking
And am embarrassed to admit
That I'd like to let you in
But I'm afraid you just won't fit!
See, I wish it were that easy
To just go open up the door
But presently there's too much stuff
Piled in here on the floor
Boxes, trunks, and crates are stacked
As far as eye can see
There's so much baggage in this place
That there's hardly room for me!
Once there was a time
When I had space to walk around
But lately I can scarcely find
A place just to sit down!
I've been tirelessly cleaning
But each time I make a dent
Someone goes and has
Even more of this stuff sent!
So please don't take it personal
That I'm impolite a host
'Cause someone to help out
Is probably what I need the most
Yet, to find a good, hard worker
I suppose I must be cursed
'Cause each has left me a disaster
Even bigger than the first!
Now, if you did an X-Ray
I would have no single doubt
With all the stuff in here
That's been stacked and strewn about
That for yourself you'd see
Here contained inside my chest
Right now you can't come in
My heart's just much to big a mess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

we're loving your blog! MORE!
ReplyDelete