Saturday, June 27, 2009

Father's Day

As your gift on Fathers Day
I wrote this poem for you
I'd really love to read it
First there's something you must do

Just answer but one question
Its so easy, you will see
How 'bout one about the Civil War
Or General E. Lee?

This is your favorite game
So I know you'll want to play
General E. Lee was born
On what year, month, and day?......

...Well, because this day's for fathers
I suppose I will go on
Even though it is quite clear
That you couldn't be more wrong

But only 'cause I need to tell you
That I couldn't be more glad
Of all the men out in the world
That I got you as my dad!

I know that on occasion
Perhaps I've been a bother
But I want you to know
I'm so lucky you're my father!

And just to prove to you
How truly great I think you are
I'll let you use my dimples
If you need to park your car

And sill if after that
You need further proof to know
When you want to row your boat
I will ofter you my toe

'Cause while you gave me goofy feet
Thankfully the fact remains
That I may not be as sweet
But I clearly got your brains!

So here's to the man
That today I will admit
Has given me much more
than "a little tiny little bit"

I think its safe to say
That we all are quite in awe
Hope your Father's Day's so full
You can say "De bandi bah"

Thanks for your support
Your love and faith in me
'Cause if it weren't for you
Who truly knows just where I'd be??

To have a dad like you
God really gave me all the lucks
And hey there's one more thing -
Can I borrow just five bucks?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I guess you can borrow 5 bucks..but only this once ;o)

    ReplyDelete