Sun is setting
And I'm waiting
Eagerly anticipating
He shows up 'round this time
Each night
Back from the Hunt
Back from the Fight
Brilliant
And Illuminating
Bright and always
Scintillating
The only man
I'll ever need
Upon his Belt
His trusty Steed
Sword and Shield
He holds in hand
My Supernova
Superman
His ever-present
Burning Flame
And Nebula
That shares his name
Loyal as his own
Canines
Fearlessly
My Hero Shines
It doesn't matter
Where I go
The constant
I'll forever know
My Champion
Of Fish and Bear
He'll always follow
Always there
Although at times
Obscured from view
I know he's out there
Ever true
'Neath his Blanket
Safe, surrounded
His mere presence
Keeps me Grounded
Enchanting me
With Starry Eyes
Protecting me
Beneath clear Skies
From the Bull
And from the Lion
Forever you are mine
Orion
In case you are unfamiliar with Astronomy:
"Upon his belt/His trusty steed" - Horsehead Nebula (near the Easternmost star on Orion's belt)
"His ever-present/Burning Flame" - Flame Nebula (part of the Orion Molecular Cloud Complex, with the Horsehead Nebula)
"And nebula/That shares his name" - Orion Nebula (middle "star" on Orion's sword)
"Loyal as his own/Canines" - Constellations Canis Major & Canis Minor
"Fish" - Constellation Pisces
"Bear" - Constellations Ursa Major & Ursa Minor
"Bull" - Constellation Taurus
"Lion" - Constellation Leo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment