Saturday, May 16, 2009

Blind Man

I've been in the eye business
Many a year
But I never expected
That I'd see him here

But I took his chart
And I called his name
Had to feel his way back
As slowly he came

I held his arm
Led him into the chair
Behind his two eyes
Was a total blank stare

"How can I help you?"
I asked the poor man
"I'm scared," he said
"I don't know if you can...

"I can't see a thing
My whole world is black
And I'm afraid that my sight
I may never get back!"

And just as he'd said
When I tested his sight
He saw nothing at all
Couldn't even see light!

The doctor came in
And ran all his tests
But this fellows eyes
Were truly a mess

He whispered to me
"I'm not surprised
I've heard before
'Bout this gentleman's eyes..."

"I'm sorry sir
There's not much I can do
For this terrible fate
That's been given to you...

"In my exam
Think you know what I find:
Mr. Love, it is true
You really are Blind!"

No comments:

Post a Comment