Sunday, March 15, 2009

Heart Attack

Be careful who you trust
Its what the wise men say
And in my wildest dreams
I never thought that you'd betray

But you can't hide anymore
In that tired old disguise
I feel a fool it took so long
Until I finally realized

I suffered all those times
And I never knew the cause
Never knew that it was you
For your cunning, sly facade

That ache inside my chest
Every time you made me fall
You must enjoy the pain
For together we would crawl

You convinced me to give trust
Let them take me for a ride
Coerced me to believe
Even when you knew he lied

How you must have reveled
In the messes that you made
You should win an Oscar
For the victim that you played

Well, save it for the judge
Because I know you are at fault
I took years of constant beating
Now this violent assault

Knowing I must trust you now
Still with my very life
Makes it that much harder
To look back and see the knife

So, although in my interest
It perhaps would not be best
I still wish you could be placed
Under 'cardiac arrest'

Now, I am not a doctor
But this blade here in my back
Should be the definition of
When they say "Heart Attack"!

No comments:

Post a Comment